As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving this week, I’d like to say thank you to everyone who’s been supportive of ShopLocal.us and the South Bay Business Mavericks in ways small and large over the past three years. I’m so grateful for my amazing partner, my family and friends, my business peers and clients, a growing successful business and my health. I’m also very grateful to be part of a thriving community with a bright future ahead. There’s much to be thankful for.
As we look around at the people, experiences and things that we’re grateful for throughout this season, I was inspired by a recent email I received that actually offered some simple ideas for sharing gratitude with others.
* Give someone a complement about something you admire about them
* Take the time to send a hand-written note to thank someone and show appreciation
* Share how someone did something for you or made you see a different side of things and how it made an impact on you
* Invite someone to try something new that you’ve always wanted to do
* Rather than being all about business, ask someone about their life or interests
What are you most grateful for right now and how do you plan to show it? I’d love to hear from you!
Heidi Butzine is a best-selling author and founder of ShopLocal.us, which provides small business marketing strategies and raises consumer awareness about local businesses. Her personal mission is to get more people to understand the impact local businesses have on building healthy, wealthy and vibrant communities. Learn more about Heidi and how she helps clients at HeidiButzine.com.